Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Products Review 9.16.15

Good Morning,

I thought I would stop by today and review a few products that I have recently tried, I haven't done one of these posts in a long time because I am no longer getting a Birchbox which is extremely sad I know and on top of that I really haven't spent all that much time at Target lately which is an out and out tragedy.

So here are a few products that I have yet to talk about here and what I have been thinking of them. Like I always say when I review products these are entirely my opinion and what did or did not work for me, you may have a different skin type, or hair type and have a completely different result.

Lets jump in!

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Pearl


This product retails for $40.00 full size which it pricey I am aware but I am totally in love with it. I love that it is basically a BB cream with a bit of glow and sunblock without smelling of it! I do believe with this product you get your moneys worth because a little really does go a long way. I had a sample size from a Birchbox and I used it for about a month which is pretty significant for the size of a sample. If you are a little on the fence about spending that kind of money I highly recommend going into a Sephora, Ulta or Birchbox and trying it out, a lot of these stores will give a small sample upon request and I think you will really enjoy it. Obviously its not full coverage which for me is perfect, its really a your skin but better look.. healthier eve. It was great for summer because its not heavy on your skin at all and it will be great for winter giving your skin an extra bit of moisture. This is a big win in my book! 



These products are $14.00 for the full size, they have a botanical infused formula that cleanses and repairs damage, it is said to add volume and shine. The conditioner is made with refreshing peppermint and is said to detangle, hydrate, soften and tame frizz. The one good thing I have to say about these products was I really enjoyed the packaging, I thought it was super nice... but as far as good things to say that is as far as it goes. The smell was INTENSE and I didn't like it, I didn't feel that the product did anything it said it was going to do either, my hair didn't feel super soft after or detangled by any means, possibly if you have thinner straight hair it would work for you. I would not spend the money to purchase these products or use a sample if I ever received another one. 

I will say I haven't had much luck with shampoo and conditioner samples from Birchbox, it very well could be just me. If you have tried this product and liked it please tell me about it in the comments. 



I received one of these as a free gift in a Birchbox a couple of months ago and I am always excited to try different hair ties and what not because I tie my hair up a lot. I generally stick to the Goody ones you can get at Target but these ones are completely different so I was anxious to give it a try. Unfortunately my hair is super thick and this baby did not work for me, it would not go around my hair enough times to actually tie it up and stretching it enough was not going to happen. Again this didn't work for my super thick hair but I think if you had thinner hair it would be great. They do offer a variety of different colors if you are interested in giving these a try, for a package of 15 they retail for $18.00. 



This is another sample I received in a Birchbox and I will say this was the SMALLEST sample ever, enough for just one application and for some people maybe not even that. It claims to be medium coverage and that may be possible but you would have to use a lot more product, it also claims to control oil and I didn't feel that was the case. I liked the way it applied, I really liked the look of the foundation on the skin. I am pretty neutral on this product but considering it retails full size for $38.00 I don't believe I would purchase it, I have found a lot of drugstore foundations that I like just the same if not better. 



One morning Tanya and I were walking in Time Square and outside of Ricky's someone was handing out samples of this moisturizer, I was super excited as I love trying new products as you probably know. Sadly the product got thrown in my box of products to try and got lost in the mix of moving and so on and I just recently came across it again and decided to give it a try. First thing I will say it this stuff smells like straight up sunblock and its STRONG! I know a lot of people don't love that and I am one of them. On top of that it was really thick and greasy in consistency and my makeup did not sit well on it. After just one use my skin broke out terribly! I'm not saying this is a bad product but it definitely didn't work for me. If you aren't planning on wearing makeup and don't mind the smell of sunblock you may really like it. It does retail for $60.00 full size, so I am assuming someone likes it! 




I was like most everyone else and dying for a beauty blender, the hype was so extreme that I felt like my life was not complete until I gave it a try.. having said that I didn't have an issue with my brush application so biting the bullet and spending $20 on a sponge that I might hate held me at bay. For Easter this year Jason surprised me with an Easter basket and in it was a Real Techniques beauty sponge, he said he asked at Ulta for a Beauty Blender and they gave him this. I wasn't by any means disappointed as some people prefer this sponge over the Beauty Blender and those who don't often refer to it as the closest dupe. I really love it, for $6.00 you really cant go wrong and I promise you will see a difference in your foundation as well as concealer. Basically you dampen this sponge and use to it pat our your foundation and concealer. For me I feel like it makes things look so much more natural and blends so extremely well. If you are not looking to spend the money on the beauty blender but want to try a sponge this is definitely the one for you, I highly recommend it! 




I am a lover of cream products, blushes are up there on the list! I became a huge lover of the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush that I've talked about here before so when I was wondering around Ulta a couple of weeks ago and this stuff was on sale for $2.99 I was excited to give it a try. I went with a little bit of a darker color because I wanted something different from the products I already have and I am so happy I did. This stuff is great, its super pigmented, a little goes a super long way and it blends out like a dream! I dab a little on my cheeks and blend it out with a duo fiber brush and it works fabulously. If you by chance feel like you've put a little too much product after blending it out you can go over it lightly with your powder brush and it softens really easily. I really like this product and feel it has really great lasting power compared to a lot of brushes. They have a great color variety and I think its definitely worth a try! 

So that's what I have for today! I hope you enjoy these posts, I love watching and reading product reviews because a lot of times its a huge money saver! In fact I have recently come across Beauty Broadcast Express which is another Youtube channel by beauty guru Emily who I think is fabulous! This channel of hers is strictly to review beauty products and all videos are 5 minutes or less! If you are thinking about purchasing a new product but haven't heard a lot about it or would like to know a little more I highly recommend checking out her channel, flipping through her videos and seeing if what you are looking for would be there. 

I hope you guys have a fabulous day and are having a great week! Thank you as always for stopping by! 

 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment