Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Gatecrasher By Madeleine Wickham

Good Morning,

Alright guys, as I have said I am just pulling books out of a box all of which I put in there while I was at home going through my other boxes of books. There is a bunch of different genres in there and most of these books I have had for years and either haven't read because they got lost in the chaos or I figured I might like to read once more before I get rid of them.

Speaking of getting rid of them, I absolutely hate the idea of throwing books out.. I just wont do it. I much prefer to donate them or give them to someone else who would enjoy them and turns out the maids at the hotel we are in are beyond grateful to have something new to read, so I am absolutely loving that!

Anyways I grabbed this book out of the box and hadn't realized that Madeleine Wickham is actually the real name of the women who wrote the Shopaholic Series named Sophie Kinsella. I guess she uses that name as a pseudonym but decided to write others under her actual name, I'm not entirely sure why but there you have it!!

So lets get into this book.

The Gatecrasher By Madeleine Wickham


I must say I love the authors style of writing, I absolutely LOVED all the Shopaholic books. She is British and that translates in her writing and she is ever so humorous. Her books are absolutely hilarious and although the story itself is a little pitiful I could appreciate the message it conveyed in the end. 

The synopsis from Goodreads.com shares:

Everything's coming up roses for Fleur Daxeny, as she goes through more rich men than she does designer hats... if that's humanly possible. Beautiful, charming, and utterly irresistible, her success at crashing funerals to find wealthy men is remarkable. But behind Fleur's Harvey Nichols wardrobe, is a woman with a mysterious past.  


Fleur wastes no time in seducing her latest conquest, the handsome and rich widower Richard Favour, and she swoops into his life like a designer-clad tornado. His children are caught up in a whirlwind as their father's new girlfriend descends on the family estate leaving chaos and excitement in her perfume-scented wake. Soon, more than one family member is suspicious of Fleur's true intentions.
Fleur is not one to wear her heart on her Chanel sleeves, but she soon finds herself embracing Richard and his lovable family. But just as Fleur contemplates jumping off the gold-digger train for good and enjoying the ride of true love, a long-buried secret from her past threatens to destroy her new family. Fleur is thrown into a race against time to prove herself to Richard before it's too late.  Can she trust her heart or will she cut ties and run away as fast as her Prada pumps can take her?

Take a wild and marvelous ride with The Gatecrasher, whose clever, chic, and sassy style will leave you desperately wanting more wonderful Wickham!

I really enjoyed this book, again like the last its a quick read but its super fun and I found myself wanting to continue reading to find out if Fleur followed her heart or her head, was it able for her to put aside her unfortunate belief that money was more important than anything else and do what was best for her and her daughter. 

I will say I wasn't too keen on how it ended, I hate when things are left unanswered and you aren't able to form really accurate idea of how life continued on after the book ended. Silly maybe but I like to finish their lives off in my head otherwise I am left wondering. This book left me wondering and as far as I can tell there is no sequel, although I might do some more research to be sure. 

I don't know about you guys but summer time is a great time to read, by the beach or pool, suntanning or while enjoying your coffee on the deck in the morning. This is a great read to pass the time, and I highly recommend checking out all of Sophie Kinsella or Madeleine Wickham's books!

I am going to try and grab something that is less of a girly book out of the box for the next one so y'all don't get bored of these book reviews too quickly, I have a feeling there are going to be quite a few of them!

I hope you guys are having a great week and enjoying the weather, its been absolutely gorgeous here but so freakin' windy all the time. If Chicago is the windy city I cant imagine what the wind is like compared to here because here its constant!

Thank you as always for stopping in, Have a great day!!



 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

2 comments:

  1. I like Sophie's books too. I haven't read them all, but sometimes just enjoy an easy read. Like you, I won't ever throw out a book once I'm done. I pass them on to two people, but ask for them back - then I donate them to the local library. They are always grateful. I guess with cutbacks, anything helps. I've seen several other people drop off bags of books too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news about donating the books Cathy, I am the same! I have a big box at home to donate somewhere as well but I am not sure where to take them and we are never home long enough for me to really figure it out! Its my mission though when we get to be home for awhile.
      Here I have been giving them tot he maids and they are so appreciative, I'd be happy if someone just gave me books too! I suppose not everyone would though.

      I am definitely managing to fly through books here, and to be honest its been really great!

      Delete