Friday, June 19, 2015

Birchbox Finds & Review

Good Morning,

As you know I have been getting Birchbox for quite some time and on the months that I receive them I try and make a point to come here and share what I got inside that months box and then I try to come back after I have used them and let you know what I think and if I think they are worth purchasing and if I would purchase them in full size. I cant remember the last time I wrote one of these posts and I was flipping through my note book of all things blog and noticed that I had written down reviews for a few products and I thought I would stop by and share my thoughts with you today! I know that Birchbox is widespread these days and so many people get them, I would love to hear what you guys are receiving and what you think of the products as well.

I would also like to state that these are my personal opinions, beauty products are so individualized and what works for one person may not work for someone else. Just because I don't like something or if I love something it definitely doesn't mean you will feel the same way.

So lets get into it!

1. Marcelle Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes.


This product is a hypoallergenic formula that's tough on even long-lasting makeup but gentle on eyes. It retails for $15 for a full size bottle. 

I have to say I didn't find this stuff to be gentle on my eyes, my eyes are pretty sensitive but overall I found when I used it my eyes would start stinging. This is an oil based formula which sadly is just not for me, I don't like the way it feels on my skin at all and so for me this is not something that I would consider purchasing after I have used my sample. If you have dry skin this would most likely be a great product for you because its oil based its not going to dry you out more like some makeup removers can do. I do think this product worked, the formula just wasn't for me. 

2. Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo


This product has vitamin-rich botanicals that gently purify hair while restoring lost moisture & shine. Work small amounts into a lather with damp hands, apply to wet hair and then rinse. You can purchase this product ranging in price from $32.00-$72.00.

Sadly this product wasn't for me either, I wont lie I am not keen on getting shampoo samples anymore but none the less I always give them a try and this one was probably the worst one I have ever gotten. Most of them smell good and work well but I just don't see a huge difference in them compared to a drugstore/cheaper one. This one in particular made me feel like I had mud in my hair, it was really hard to wash out and took a lot of rinsing, it didn't smell good at all. Honestly there was nothing at all that I liked about this product and I definitely would not purchase it nor would I recommend you do so! 

3. LAQA & CO Sheer Lip Lube Pencil - Shade "Honeypot"


This lip lube pencil is said to be perfect for spring, this high gloss, semi-sheer lip gloss glides on buttery smooth, has buildable pigment and smells minty fresh. You can purchase this product in full size for $20.00. 

I absolutely LOVE this product! I honestly wish that I had more of them in all the other colors because they are that good! I really love the color, they are right in their description that it is absolutely perfect for spring! It does have a buttery creamy texture when applied to your lips which is great because it also leaves your lips feeling moisturized! Lip products can come in all different scents but I feel like minty is a universal crowd pleaser and this one has a really fresh minty scent that leaves your lips feeling a little cold and tingly and I absolutely love it! I cant recommend this enough, especially because you can use it sheer or build it for lipstick opaqueness. 

4. Whish Shave Cream in Blueberry


A shea butter packed shaving cream with a delectable scent. You can purchase this product in full size for $20.00.

I have a mixed review on this, the one thing that I absolutely hated about this product was the smell. I don't know how I got blueberry when there were so many scents because blueberry is one scent that I absolutely cant stand. It didn't smell like fresh blueberries either it smelled like a candy blueberry scent and let me tell you guys, it was STRONG and it lingered after using it which because I hated the smell was not a good thing. Besides the scent though I really liked this, it was really moisturizing and if you have trouble with razor burn I think this would be a great thing for you to invest in. I generally use lotion on my legs after I shave them but I think if you used this product regularly you could avoid that steps and still not be dried out from shaving. I would try this in another scent but I would not purchase this scent in particular. 

5. Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Eyeshadow Quad


I have received a coastal scents eye shadow quad before, I believe from the second palette they came out with and I really loved it, that quad was all neutral tones, warm browns and such which is totally up my alley and I thought it was absolutely great for travel purposes as well. This on had more shades that were a little outside my comfort zone but I have been trying to step outside the box with my makeup looks so I was super excited to give it a try. All in all regardless of the color these eyes shadows are fantastic! They are buttery and have great color payoff with minimal to no fallout which is always a great thing. When traveling 4 eye shadows allow you to create multiple looks so throwing this in your makeup bag will take up a lot less space then most palettes will. I really actually liked the colors, although they are different they are subtle as well. The color is buildable if you wanted to go for a more dramatic look as well. I really love Coastal Scents eye shadows and you can purchase the whole palette with 20 shades for just $20.00 which is a fantastic deal! 

6. Harvey Prince Fragrance - Sincerely


Sweetly spicy scent with Indonesian clove bud, Indian tuberose, and Japanese orange flower. Spritz onto pulse points and see where this intriguing scent takes you. Depending on the size you wish to purchase this product it ranges in price from $26.00 - $55.00. 

As I may have mentioned when I wrote about all the products I received in this particular Birchbox I have been fortunate enough to receive many of the Harvey Prince scents and I have absolutely loved them all, this one was no exception. Not only are the scents absolutely amazing I feel like you get a decent amount for a sample and I cant tell you how fantastic it is to get samples that you can spray. A lot of scent samples you just have to dab your finger into and then apply where you want, the spray ones are just so much more convenient. I stuck this in my purse this past Saturday when we spent the day in Atlantic City and it was fantastic. I loved the scent, it was really rich and lasted for such a long time! I highly recommend all of the Harvey Prince fragrances, especially because they are such a good price! 

One more to go! 

7. Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Blue Lagoon


Hypo-allergenic & perfume free this blendable waterproof eyeliner goes on smoothly and lasts all day. You can purchase this in full size for $11.00. 

I wont lie when I saw this in my box the color was a little intimidating and I wont lie it kind of still it. As I mentioned above I am trying to step outside the box with my makeup looks and just prior to receiving this in the mail I had purchased a navy blue eyeliner that I really like. Obviously this is a super bright color and I am not sure how I feel about it just yet on my eyes because it is so different I think it will take some getting use to, but what better time to experiment with bright colors than in the summer! I will say though if you do plan on using this I would do one eye at a time, especially if you have any intention on buffing it out! This stuff dries super fast and once it dries it ain't goin' no where!!! I swatched this on my hand when I first got it to check out the color and it dried really quickly and then there was no getting it off! I hand washed a bunch of bras and when I was done it was still there, I tried wiping it off... no dice! I ended up scrubbing at it with a makeup removing wipe many hours later and it finally came off. You can look at this as a good and bad thing I suppose. I personally don't often go for waterproof eye products for this exact reason, but at least you know your eyeliner is going to last all day!! 

So that's all I have for right now, I hope you found the reviews helpful and if you have received any of these products I would love to know what you thought of them. Also if you have any recommendations from products you have received and loved then please do share!!

Thank you as always for stopping in, Have a great day!!

 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment