Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Summer Rental By Mary Kay Andrews: A Book Review

Good Morning,

If you follow me on goodreads.com you probably know what I've been reading but you may also know that this year I decided to partake in the Good Reads 2015 Reading Challenge. At the beginning of the year I challenged myself to read 50 books this year and so far I have read 19 books and good reads says I am on track! Everyone choose their own challenge, you could always do less or more and you just track your progress on your Good Reads account and they will let you know if you are ahead of the game, trailing behind and by how many books and if you're on track! I am a total bookworm and this was right up my alley. So although I have trailed off a little with my book reviews I thought I would hop back on that train!

So this is the most recent book I have finished.

Summer Rental By Mary Kay Andrews


I honestly don't think I have read anything from this author before, although that also may not be true. I grabbed this book at BJ's while we were still at the apartment because I needed something to read and their books are so cheap! I knew it would be a quick read although FYI it is 486 pages!

The book is about 3 best friends who are now adults and all facing some sort of turmoil in their life, they no longer live close together and decided that getting together only for weddings and funerals was just not enough, so they books a cottage in Nags Head, North Carolina for the month of August and couldn't wait to spend a month with one another! 

I really enjoyed this book and the way it was written, she really dives into each character so that you feel like you know them and when their issues in life are revealed you are almost sharing in it with them. 

Throughout the book they/you meet an unsuspecting character who becomes a friend although with a very shady story, her problems soon become the problems of all the women in the house in danger ensues. The women come together as one to protect their new friend from the hand of danger, which said so much about all of their character! 

This book is fun, witty and so enjoyable.. a great read! If you are interested in the synopsis you can click HERE and also add it to you reading list! 

Naturally this book wont be for everyone, its basically a chick flick in book form but I really enjoyed it!

If you have read this book or happen to do so please let me know what you think! As always if you are reading a bunch of books right now, or a book let me know what it is and what you think of it! I am always looking for suggestions on what to read next!

Thank you for stopping by today!! Have a great day!! 

 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment