Monday, April 27, 2015

Monday Mash Up... What's up!

Was wondering if I was going to make it here today? I don't blame you.. last week there was some radio silence towards the end of the week and I even missed out High Five for Friday.. but I just didn't have anything to say. It happens.. what can I say.

I had planned to post today but honestly the day got away from me and what I was planning just didn't work out. Wednesday is our preliminary move out inspection which honestly I have never heard of before and as you know we move a lot. Basically it says the head of maintenance will come by and walk around the apartment and look for damage (which there isn't any) if they find any or I suppose anything in general they let you know so you have a chance to fix it before you move out. I wont lie I am a little on edge about this move out on account that I have heard they will do anything they can to screw you out of your deposit.. I will not let that happen. This was the dirtiest apartment we have ever moved into, it took me forever to clean it and make it livable and I was outrageous about my move in inspection and made a BEYOND detailed list of every mark and damage in the place. Should be interesting I guess, but I get along really well all the maintenance guys so maybe it will be fine.

Did you all watch Grey's Anatomy last week and by watch I mean sob hysterically as they gutted us with the unexpected exit of the great Derek Shepherd? I can tell you that I absolutely was not expecting that and I'm not overly impressed by the way they took him out! Not to mention why did Meredith not call anyone?? Like I don't know, HIS SISTER! Good lord! This week should be a really interesting week!

I'm kind of sad all the shows are ending for the season this week but at the same time I am wishing this week away to see them all, including Blue Bloods that was also amazing last week. Seriously though I don't watch a lot of TV.. just a few shows that happened to be amazing this week.

I'm assuming at least one of you reading may also be one of the over 17 million people who watched the Bruce Jenner interview Friday night with Diane Sawyer? I've been considering writing a post on it but I feel like its such a controversial topic and I really don't want to offend anyone. I will say that I am very shocked, I don't know why but because no one was really saying anything besides media speculation I just didn't totally believe that it was true. I am really sad that he has spent his entire life hiding this and how much it has affected his life and relationships in such a negative way. I still may write a post about this.

Jason has Sunday off this week which was great, we had a lazy morning and then walked down to Hoboken for Jason to get a haircut and to grab some lunch. I'm not sure if I have mentioned it before or not but I was absolutely dying to try Bareburger which if you know me you are probably wondering why because I don't eat red meat... but they have turkey guys! Bareburger is all organic and not only do they offer beef and turkey but bison, elk, wild boar as well as ostrich meat. Sick. Either way I was anxious to try it and it was AMAZING! I had the SoCal burger which is a turkey burger topped with aged cheddar cheese, pickled red onion, guacamole and alfalfa sprouts on a sprout bun.. I die.. seriously, the best burger I have ever had! Jason had Bison - no I didn't try it, that's gross. He said it was really good though and we have talked about going back to try one of their chicken sandwiches because they looked incredible as well. If you are ever near one (they have one in Toronto) I HIGHLY recommend going!! On a funny side note Jason was hoping to have a beer and when he asked the waitress she said its really hard to get a liquor license in New Jersey and sadly they didn't have no one but if he wanted he could go over to the 7 Eleven on the corner and buy some and drink it there. I was like what? Basically your restaurant is BYOB and she was like.. ya! HA!


So that's my scoop today, its crappy, cold and windy out so I haven't been up to much today. I am going to read for awhile before Jason gets home.

I will be back tomorrow! Hope you guys had a great weekend!!



 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole....hope all your moving plans go well. You must be excited ?!? I assume you are heading home?? You usually rave and do a happy dance when that's happening. Happy Spring! It was beautiful here today and I'm loving all the trees and flowers in bloom. Really enjoyed your Central Park photos. Time for me to head back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy! I honestly would be more excited but we are actually just going home for the weekend to drop off our stuff and then coming back! If we were actually going to get some time off and be able to be at home I would be jumping for joy! Hopefully soon!!
      Happy Spring to you as well, it is definitely a beautiful time of year. The weather here has been back and forth but this week is suppose to be really nice and for that I am grateful.
      I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures of Central Park, you should definitely come back! Its absolutely gorgeous right now, I am hoping to head back there possibly Thursday to enjoy it one last time before we leave!
      Hope all is well with you! XO

      Delete
  2. We need to get your fellow over here to try kangaroo meat, or emu salami! Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete