Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Good Morning,

Hopefully I can actually get this post all finished before I need to get moving! I'm going to give it my best shot!

As you all know we made it home for Thanksgiving this year and let me tell you I couldn't be more grateful, I don't generally look forward to getting up at 2:00am and making the drive but oddly enough this time it really didn't seem bad at all! We got up early and got on the road, we made it home by 9am which is obviously fantastic. We got everything running in the house and decided to head to the grocery store because being Thanksgiving it wouldn't be opened all day and we needed a few things for dinner! I kid you ton y'all we went into the grocery store and one of the guys that works there was like "Hey guys, welcome back!!! Did you drive down from Jersey? How are things going there?" Let me just tell you, we don't live in a small town.. but we obviously live in a great place!!!

Thanksgiving Day was pretty chilly so we went home and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and football all day in front of the fire.. it was fabulous! Jason cooked an entire turkey dinner and if I was a good blogger I would have taken a bunch of pictures but truth be told I was starving at this point and I just wanted to eat!! We had a fantastic dinner and did all the clean up but knew if we sat on the couch that would be it! Being up a million hours and turkey were a bad combo let me tell you! We decided to head over to Walmart Jason was really interested in what it was going to be like for the beginning of Black Friday.. it was seriously unreal. Everyone was parking illegally on the sidewalks and grass.. so we did too! The place was a MAD HOUSE! I managed to get through the whole store and into a line before Jason managed to get through a quarter of the store, he ended up handing me all his goods when I was about to pay and we headed out. I wont like I absolutely HATE Walmart and only go there when Jason insists, I will happily say after venturing there and then to Target on Thanksgiving night I don't think we will be going to Walmart again anytime soon, Jason was not impressed.

So like I said we went to Target after that and then Jason ran into Dick's Sporting Goods while I waited in line at Ulta! We ended up not getting home until almost 10:00pm and naturally went right to bed. Jason got up first thing in the morning on Friday though and headed out again, I enjoyed the morning at home with a fire and coffee! When Jason got home I went out for a couple of hours and honestly it wasn't bad at all! I pretty much got the rest of my shopping done and got some really good deals.

Friday night we headed out to do a few things before heading to one of our most favorite restaurants at home, the Mellow Mushroom! This place is always on our list of places to eat when we go home, its seriously the best pizza you will ever eat! They had a promo going as well, if you download their app for your phone you got a free appetizer so we did that and it was fantastic!

Go figure I didn't take a picture of the pizza! I swear!

Did I mention the drive there was absolutely GORGEOUS??? I absolutely love a good Southern Sunset!




Saturday we really just took advantage of being at home, we enjoyed the morning at the house and I did some last minute running around for things that we wanted to bring back or buy cheaper down there while Jason did some raking around the yard. Usually I would be all about helping but raking wasn't in the cards for me with my arm being out of commission! Having said that when I got home I was suddenly very thankful I didn't help with raking this time around as Jason found a SNAKE while doing so! UNREAL! I kind of wish I was there to see Jason find the snake as he absolutely HATES them, but none the less he saved it in a bucket for me to see when I got home. The neighbors daughters wanted to keep it as a pet! HA! 

Sunday was hard, I'm not going to lie. I knew leaving was going to be hard but I didn't know that it was going to be as hard as it was. I woke up and just sobbed and that pretty much continued all morning. We just needed to leave on account that sitting there anticipating the leaving was a lot worse. Its sad that it gets so much harder every time we go, its where I want to be. Our time there is so amazing that leaving is absolutely heart wrenching. Lets just say it wasn't a good day. 

We left around noon and thought we would hopefully avoid some traffic but that was definitely not the case. The entire state of Virginia was an absolute mess so we didn't make it home until just before 10:00pm. I cant say it was good to be back. 

Anyways yesterday I went out to get the last few things we needed to decorate our Christmas tree last night because we felt we were a little behind! When Jason got home we had dinner, did a little wrapping and then started decorating the Christmas tree. 

We have a little bit of a tradition when we decorate our Christmas tree, we make hot chocolate and pop corn, turn on a Christmas movie or Christmas music and get going! Every year we just have so much fun getting ready for Christmas, I absolutely love it. I will admit I wish we were at home like last year, decorating the inside and outside of the house but this year that just isn't the case. 


We don't generally buy the things to decorate the apartments we live in because we feel like its a waste of money because often we toss everything because we don't have the room to take it with us. This year that is not the case as we have the house and next time we go home we can take it with us! I wouldn't say we went over board but we bought a few things because we know we will use it in the future! 





TA DA!!!

So we managed to get the tree done last night which we are really excited about! Jason and I both absolutely LOVE Christmas so this time of year is absolutely wonderful for us! 

Tonight we are actually heading into the city for dinner and then going to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall. We saw the show when we lived in New York and loved it so much that we really wanted to go again this year. There really is no place on earth like New York City at Christmas time and we are super excited to spend some time in the city tonight! We are actually going as an early anniversary outing as our 4 year wedding anniversary is on Thursday but we got tickets early so this is what were doing! I will definitely make sure to post about the show sometime this week!!

So that is our scoop, my bitterness is going away little by little about being back here.. I know I don't have any other choice. I think with Christmas being around the corner will be helpful. We are also so looking forward to the Seavey's coming out in a couple of weeks for some touring around NYC and the Patriots game!! We have a lot going on this month and in January I will officially start the count down to getting out of this place! HA!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!!! I will be back tomorrow with something, not sure if I will be able to post about our night but expect something!! 

Have a great day!!

 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment