Thursday, December 11, 2014

Bloggers I'm enjoying & Why

Good Morning,

This weeks posts have been a lot of "hey look what I'm doing" and such.. I generally started to blog for that exact purpose to make a long story short but for awhile because our life is really actually pretty boring I got to posting about a variety of things and I really enjoy that as well. The great thing about the blog world is there is a million different blogs about a million different things, I personally tend to follow more of the lifestyle blogs because that is generally what I enjoy reading but still the great thing about most Lifestyle blogs is you tend to get more than just info about their lives, because they have kids, hobbies, interests, etc.

I would hate to think that people didn't come around here as often because they got bored with the content and although I know I could be better about posting at time and better about the content at times I do make the effort to provide a variety.

I have a post in mind about my feelings on the blog world and putting it all out there, but that's for a different time.

If you follow my blog, multiple blogs or are interested in the blog world I cannot recommend the site Bloglovin' enough. It is a great way to have all the blogs you follow in one place and keep up with them, and as a blogger its a great way to get your blog out there and obtain followers. I use Bloglovin' religiously as my blog is linked, therefore every time I hit publish my blog is automatically posted to Bloglovin' and to the feed of every person that follows me. I have a link over there on the right if you do not already follow me on Bloglovin' please do so, it is a free sight! Not only for following my blog but do some research, I bet you could find a TON of blogs that are of interest to you!

I currently follow 125 blogs which probably seems like a lot, I will say since opening a Bloglovin' account the blogs I follow has changed frequently and the bloggers I have stuck with have changed their blog content and post amount as well. I often apologize for my crap content or lack of posting but all bloggers do it, life happens and life changes and depending on the purpose of your blog it can often be pushed to the back burner. Heck there have been bloggers that I absolutely love and read religiously who randomly fall off the face of the earth, I actually really hate when that happens... but none the less it does!

I follow a variety of blogs, some super popular (the blog world is huge but sometimes seemingly very small and everyone follows the same people) and some blogs that have few followers but relate to me or an interest I hate in some way! There really is something out there for everyone. So there has been a lot of rambling but I thought I would stop in here today and share a few of the blogs I follow and tell y'all why! Lets get crackin' shall we?


Bonnie is absolutely HILARIOUS! She is a married high school English teacher and new mom who tells fantastic stories and more so than anything else tells it straight about whatever it is that she posts. I like people who are matter of fact, say it like it is good or bad, regardless of the judgement they may face and that is totally her. Her content has a great variety, she tells hilarious stories about her students, shares the highs and low of being a new mother, advertises wonderful products and every once and awhile posts about whatever is going on that she just needs to get out there. Her blog has become extremely successful but she stays true to what she believes her content should be and represent and I love it. Bonnie posts regularly, generally 3-5 times a week and I look forward to every single post. Although our lives are completely different I find that I can relate to things that happen in her life often which I think is great and is probably a lot of what keeps me back to read more. I believe right now if I could recommend any blog this would be the one!! Check her out on Bloglovin' or clicking the link above!

I have followed Lauren since the beginning and absolutely love her and her blog, I also link up with a blog link up she started every Friday "High Five for Friday". Lauren's blog is a lifestyle and fashion blog combo which I really like, she shops at stores that your everyday person would stop in at while out, she post beauty tutorials which is great and than talks about every day life that a lot of us can relate to. Lauren lives in Chicago, is in a serious relationship and owns her own business which you should definitely check out called Elizabeth Ashlie which is handmade jewelry! Lauren's content is fantastic and she posts on a regular basis, although her blog has an extremely large following her content is not based on advertising and she very rarely if ever has guest posts (I don't think its a bad thing if people do). I really enjoy Lauren's blog and feel that if you are a female 20 or older you would really enjoy Lauren's content! Check her out by clicking the link above or find her on Bloglovin'.

I started following Janessa almost two years ago when I came across her story on Instagram! At the time Janessa has recently become a new Mom to baby Penelope who was facing open heart surgery. Her story was heart wrenching but reading her blog was so inspiring, I couldn't imagine dealing with something so awful and she was nothing but hopeful and graceful. She documented their journey as a family and Penelope is now a happy and healthy toddler. Janessa is married and recently had another baby (Lucy), she teaches Zumba and has her own photography business - Janessa Parker Photography. I love Janessa's blog, the variety of content, and the fact that shes absolutely hilarious. She keeps it real, good days, bad days she tells it like it is but always has a sunny disposition. Her blog is refreshing and sometimes downright sweet as her love for baking shines through and the yummy recipes she shares as well as her absolutely precious girls. Although she is a busy Mom her blog has regular content, as well as her photography blog and she is always a breath of fresh air! Check out Janessa by clicking on the link above or find her on Bloglovin'.

Are you a candy lover who enjoys reading the most outrageous tales of drunken escapades and fantastic adventures? If so than this is the blog for you! I look so forward to The Laurel Gazette popping up on my Bloglovin' feed as I know I am in for a laugh, this girl holds nothing back and makes no apologies for it.. she is a total card and I love it! I think if you read her blog for awhile and didn't know she was a law student in Washington, DC you would probably be shocked, girlfriend drives the hot mess express and I think she takes pride in it, and so she should.. shes fantastic! Laurel is always on an amazing adventures, with her friends, Husband Jake (they are currently in Scotland for his new hobby, pheasant hunting) or her dog Kobe. Her blog content is all over the place and truly I feel like that's the best part, I never know what she is going to write about and therefore I can always look forward to reading, If you are offended easily I probably would recommend this blog to you, but if you have a fantastic sense of humor and need a little excitement in your life..this is where you are going to find it! Hop on over to the Laurel Gazette for a good laugh, or raging debate or check her out on Bloglovin'. 

I am telling you at the end of every recommendation to check them out on Bloglovin' but I will just state for the record every recommendation I am making they can all be found there because I follow them all... Just so you know and I can stop repeating myself!

Kate is another favorite.. oh how I absolutely LOVE her blog! She just happens to live in Raleigh as well and it kills me that I have never run into her because I would love to get my fan girl on.. probably lucky for her though. Kate's blog is EXTREMELY popular because her content is amazing, she writes article for different magazines all the time, as well as online magazines.. yes, she is that good! Kate is a hair dresser who is recently on extended maternity leave as she has a soon to be one year old and a new baby due in February (brave girl!). Kate tends to talk about this and that, all kinds of real life stuff pertaining to her life, motherhood, etc as well as makeup and hair! She does the most raved about hair tutorials which I am sure if you have ever searched Pinterest you will have come across, she does monthly favorites videos religiously to talk about the products shes been loving. When you read her blog or watch her videos you automatically want to be friends with Kate (who is also the real life sister of Lauren Elizabeth who you read about above, they actually started Elizabeth Ashlie Jewelry together), she has a great sense of humor, she tells it like it is with impeccable poise and grace and when she had David (soon to be 1) I was terrified she would blog less and never make videos but girlfriend has drive! Kate has made it a priority to keep her blog full of variety as she did not want it to become a mommy blog and I will say she has done a fantastic job of keeping her usual content but including David and new motherhood. If you are a women, a mother, a fan of makeup, looking for simplified hair tutorials or need a laugh, check Kate out over on The Small Things Blog, over there you can find a link to her Youtube channel as well. 

Dayna is an amazing writer with an amazing stories who bares it in the most beautiful way and somehow reading her blog just makes me feel smarter. She inspires me to want to write better, be better and look at the things I feel I am struggling with and put them into perspective. Dayna's blog bares all, to the good and bad of life with an Autistic husband, the struggles of infertility, the pain of tattoo removal, the joy of a fairy tale wedding, the struggles of a writer and the peacefulness of a photographer. I cant say enough about what an amazing write both Dayna and her husband are (check out her blog to see her husbands recently released novel) and no matter what she writes she does it eloquently. Dayna's blog is a lifestyle blog but unlike any other I follow and I very much enjoy it. I really wish I could describe it with all the grace that it deserves but I really feel like I am not doing her justify, whoever you are.. if you are reading this go check her out!! 

So those are just a few of the blogs that I am loving with now, the ones that I would most recommend at the moment but here are a few honorable mentions...

  • A Perfect Lily - Patti Rice, the Mom of 11 kids, her 10th having Down Syndrome. She home schools all her children, she is an amazing women and I highly recommend not only checking out her blog but her instagram (link can be found on her blog), if you find nothing more in her blog you will find a smile from the pictures she shares. 
  • Baby Boy Bakery - Jacqui and her husband Dan suffered the most unimaginable loss or their 3 year old son. She has documented their journey of grief and healing in a very raw and in depth way. She is an inspiration, a true trooper to cope with this unbelievable loss. 
  • Essie Button -  I love her! I am addicted to Estee's Youtube channel as well as vlog channel which you can find links to both on her blog as well. Estee is Canadian but living with her boyfriend in England, she is beyond hilarious and I learned about her via Kate from The Smal things blog. If you are interested in hair and makeup and all the products associated check her out! Often her blog posts are associated with videos she has made and posted on Youtube. 
  • Lil Blue Boo - I promise you she is not at all what you are thinking by the name, if you are thinking anything at all by the name. The theme of her blog and life this year is "Year of the Hemlock" as her little family recently left their California life for a little piece of heaven in the middle of the mountains in North Carolina. Check out Ashley for amazing writing, tales of simplistic adventures and the story of finding glory in the little things. 
  • Skinny Meg - Meg is inspiring as hell! Her weight loss journey is nothing short of inspiring and let me tell you she has the cutest kids ever! If you have any interest in fashion and weight loss than you need to be reading Meg's blog! She goes in depth about weight loss, proper eating for the workouts you are doing, she shares recipes, fashion details and so much more. 
So there ya have it.. blog I am enjoying! What blogs are you reading, please do share!! 








 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment