Friday, November 21, 2014

High Five for Friday 11.21.14

Good Morning,

Here are the highlights of my week, I hope you all had a wonderful week and have a great weekend ahead of you!!

1. I officially fell into the Christmas spirit and I just cant get enough!


Jason has been working later and with the chilly weather and not getting much sleep while waiting for Jason to get home I curl up on the couch. Well he was so late the other night that I ate dinner without him (I don't like eating super late) and curled up on the couch, found a Christmas movie and got comfy. WELL.. the Christmas movie enticed my to get out some of my peppermint M&Ms which then led me to make a hot chocolate with a touch of Girl Scout thin mint creamer... that was pretty much my demise! I have been watching every Christmas movie that comes on, decorating the apartment as much as possible or rather as much as Jason will let me. We bought our Christmas tree and Christmas cards.. I am in the spirit people!! #cantstopwontstop

2. Sunday Football at O'Hara's Downtown Bar & Grill


Pumpkin beer! If they had Christmas beer I probably would have drank that but I am sticking with the pumpkin stuff until after Thanksgiving at least and then I will drink Woodchuck Hard Cider Winter Ale.. its my all time favorite beer. BUT this isn't about that, its about Sunday! We got up and lazed around before meeting the McMann's at a local watering hole for the game and some beers. We snacked and drank and enjoyed the game.. it was great! They had all been there before but it was when I was at home so I had only heard about it, and I really liked it. The food was great and cheap, the beers were great and a variety was available.. service was good, great way to spend a Sunday!! 

I have HILARIOUS pictures of Jason and Tanya and as tempted as I am to post them I wont, they hadn't even drank much which was the best part.. so funny. 

3. Chestnut Praline Latte


Please don't let this fool you, I am by no means impressed that this guy above replaced my beloved Eggnog Latte, having said that it is pretty darn good! I am thankful that Starbucks at least replaced the eggnog latte if they were going to do away with it because otherwise I wouldn't have had one holiday drink to enjoy throughout the season and what a piss off that would have been. Plus I won't lie I really do love the holiday cups. Tanya and I took a break from Christmas shopping the other day, grabbed a coffee and sat and chatted for awhile, it was great. 

4. The way it looks outside... Autumn at its finest. 


I don't know what happened here but we never really got fall weather, it stayed so warm and then it got damn cold.. I don't know what went on but it is what it is. Having said that now that it has finally gotten cold the leaves have really changed and the trees and everything are just absolutely gorgeous! Nothing makes me happier than to see beautiful red and orange trees and leaves decorating the ground with their beautiful color and texture. I love to hear the leaves crunching under my feet, the crisp smell in the air.. I just love it. I know it seems late to be posting about how gorgeous fall is, but I took these this week, we haven't entered the awful world of snow yet so I am going to enjoy every single second of it. 

5. Homemade chicken noodle soup. 


This week has been COLD, the coldest it has been all year and the coldest I have experienced in quite some time. Nothing seems better than a bowl of homemade soup when its chilly out so yesterday that is exactly what I did, I made a huge pot of chicken soup! I would play around a little more with soups and make different kinds but y'all know what a fuss pot Jason is so chicken noodle it is. I'm not complaining, it was absolutely fantastic, we will definitely be eating a lot of soup this cold weather season!

So ladies & gents that's that! I am off for my x-ray and then heading with Tanya to get her hair done. I was going to get my hair cut but they are discriminating against me because I have a lot of hair and I just wont stand for it, $50-$60 for a trim is absolute bullshit! But none the less Tanya is going to get hers done, maybe I'll share a picture! HA!

Have a great weekend!!

Today I am linking up with:
Kait @ CommuniKait
Brooks @ Girl Brooks

 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

2 comments:

  1. Baha if you post those pics I'll be sure to get a gooder of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I wont, I wont... but there is a part of me that feels like they are too good not to share!

    ReplyDelete