Friday, May 23, 2014

I'm Cranky.. So I Shall Rant...

Its no secret around here that I am not thrilled with our recent move but let me tell you how things have been going lately hasn't been making me feel all that much better. I know that when I tell you what those things are you will probably think I am being petty and let me be clear.. I am well aware of that. Having said that I have barely slept at all since we got here and that is definitely making things seem a little worse then they actually are. Not to mention the fact that I am somewhat of an emotional cutter (not literally) and I am making things hard on myself as well.

I've been checking the weather at home.. a lot.. I mean multiple times a day! What is worse is that its a hell of a lot better then it is here! Its been in the high 80s at home and gorgeous and here its low 60s and rain.. BULLSHIT! This is why I don't want to live in the North, because its clearly unaware of when winter weather should go away and summer weather should begin. Last night it poured rain while we carried groceries in, oh apartment living how I love you. I suppose we only have to wait for the elevator to go to the third floor and not the 20th, I'm counting my blessings for that right about now.

Not only am I checking the weather at home I am checking in on the house too.. a lot. We set up cameras in the house which would allow us to see in the house while we weren't there.. so I can click on my app for the camera at anytime and check out my beautiful, big, EMPTY house. I can't help myself.

I mentioned how expensive things are here as well too? After getting literally 3 bags worth of groceries the other night even Jason said that for the amount we paid we could have shopped for a week at home. Restaurants are more expensive, groceries are crazy expensive.. Target is like Canadian Target.. over priced! Speaking of Target this one isn't set up like my Target either, I don't like that.

Speaking of expensive you don't even want to know how much we are paying for rent, its absolutely absurd! Having said that what choice do we have, we wanted something where I could walk to things because Jason will have the truck all the time and Jason didn't want to have a 6 hour commute each day. We've lived in a lot of apartments and one thing is generally the same.. they expect a hell of a lot more in regards to cleanliness and what not when you move out then they give you when you move in. I made a list of the stuff I wasn't happy with and was assured they would be here tomorrow around 1:00pm to take care of it. They arrived yesterday at 4:00pm went through the items and said they would be back here today after lunch.. its 2:00pm and no one is here. Fine whatever.. but I can't really go anywhere when I am expecting someone to be here to take care of things, yes I know its raining but a Starbucks would be nice.. I do own an umbrella.

We still don't have a couch, although its finally being delivered tonight.. not sure exactly where it is going to go because there is still shit laying everywhere. We haven't actually used a lot of our travel furniture in a long time because of the locations we have been, it makes it really hard to take everything all the time. Somehow everything got beat to shit in Jason's parents barn, its driving me absolutely batty! When Jason started putting things together the other night we realized we hadn't used our dining room table since New York and there we only used 3 chairs there because of the space we had. Well apparently in all the moves since we no longer have any of the pieces to put together chair number 4 and let me tell you we have no where to put the pieces of the chair because we have ZERO storage. Jason just put that aside and moved on to another IKEA accent chair.. guess what.. no screws and whatever to put that thing together either!!! So the pieces to that are sitting all over too. I HATE CLUTTER!

Last night we went to do an actual grocery shopping and decided to just get everything at Target, why not right? It was POURING rain, but I am grateful that we can actually drive right down the street and there was no traffic. When we came out of Target again in the pouring rain we noticed one of the exhaust pipes is falling off the truck.. no I'm not kidding. So in said pouring rain Jason crawled around on the ground trying to see what the hell is wrong with it. He told me but I don't remember.. something about rust which kills me because not only is the truck not that old but neither is the freakin' exhaust. He sent me an email from work this morning and said he is going to have it looked at tomorrow along with an oil change but he really wishes we were at home to have it done because its going to cost so much more here.. THEN LETS GO HOME!!!

Honestly the thing that is getting to me most is the people. I know that sounds bad.. but before you leave this blog forever let me explain. I will tell you over and over again that the people in the South are the nicest people I have ever met in my life (and I am from Canada) oh how I love that.. but I didn't realize just how much I appreciate that until I came here. The day we were moving in we saw 5 or 6 people and not one person would wave, say hi, smile or smile back... nice to meet you to!

We have been to the grocery store as well Target a time or two at this point and honestly the ignorance is staggering! For example, last night we were in Target and this one woman left her cart in the middle of the aisle blocking not just us from getting through.. I said excuse me and just moved her cart over a little, thinking that she would apologize and move her cart... NEGATIVE! She didn't flinch and then Jason couldn't get through with the cart and a similar exchange took place.. she could have cared less. This is typical, people don't seem friendly at all, they are out for themselves, I hate that.

Now lets compare to the South.. everyone holds doors for each others, you say yes ma'am/no ma'am, please and thank you. People are always waving, smiling, offering to help with anything they can! You cant go anywhere without chatting away with someone, everyone is soo nice! It goes so beyond that though, I spoke with our mailman 2 weeks ago and asked if I put a little note in the mailbox requesting that we not receive flyers and junk mail would that be alright because we would be away. He said absolutely and I explained that we would be leaving Monday and he had suggested forwarding out mail, blah blah blah! He was extremely helpful. Monday we waited because Jason was expecting a check in the mail and we wanted to give him our temporary forwarding of address form, when he arrived I went out and he said that he had worried all day that we weren't going to be there and he knew that the piece of mail he had for us was a check and didn't feel good about leaving it in the mailbox, he was so concerned about something that most people wouldn't have thought twice about. I was touched.. seriously.

We see the same kid at the grocery store all the time, we chat away with him while we check out all the time. Well we had been away and when we went back he was said "guys I haven't seen you in forever, I was getting worried, where have you been?" We haven't lived there very long at all, we maybe see him once a week if that but he took note that we were not around and was concerned. So kind.

I know you all probably think I am looking for things to be wrong here because I want to go home.. this is not entirely untrue but at the same time I think a lot of things are right in your face! I do want to go home, and let me tell you I try to give any reason that I think Jason might say.. OK lets go. Its not going to happen though. I mean I forgot to bring a jacket.. its still cold here at night, I need to go home and get one and because its such a long drive I should stay... for at least a week, right?

What is worse is that right now there isn't a lot for Jason to be doing at work, they are behind but he has to be here per contract! He doesn't have a desk, or anything and yet I have to be here away from home.. I'm not bitter at all though.

I just want to go home, I want to sleep in my own bed and sit on the deck and have morning coffee. I want to be somewhere that I know I'll be happy.. I just want to go home. I'm considering bargaining with Jason.. I really hate to garden but if we can go home I will plant flowers and actually weed, regardless of the bugs (probably). It won't work, I know we have to be here.. I guess I just didn't know it would be so hard.

The maintenance guy is here to get shit done and so I suppose I will end this rant.. I will end this rant here, it will definitely continue in my head.

Is it time to go home yet?


 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment