Saturday, March 8, 2014

Home Made Cheddar Biscuits

Good Morning,

Well the rained stopped before we were knee deep so I am grateful for that! Watching the news last night I feel like we should be extremely grateful as counties surrounding us saw more winter weather then we did and it caused major problems. Trees down everywhere, ice on everything, no power, just a plain mess and you know how much worse it seems in the South when winter rolls around. Hoping power is restored to everyone as soon as possible.

In the meantime they shouldn't worry too much about freezing as today the temperature is suppose to reach a balmy 65!! Therefore all the ice should melt and for us that means the garage can finally be painted!

As mentioned yesterday I did some baking in the late afternoon and I thought I would share the recipe with you guys today.

I've made a ton of cheddar biscuits over the years but never found a super fantastic recipe. So a couple of weeks ago I thought we have a bunch of flour and stuff in the pantry from what I have no idea but I wanted to put it to good use and not have to toss it! I thought cheddar biscuits are always a fan favorite and therefore why not look for a good recipe. The ingredients don't generally vary all that much and therefore its really hard to tell if they are going to be good until you actually make them.

So I went to my favorite recipe website All Recipes  and looked up Cheddar Biscuits and this is the recipes I used... Click HERE to add it to your recipe box.

CHEDDAR BISCUITS

1 3/34 Cup All Purpose Flour

1/2 Tsp Salt

1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
5 Tbsp Butter
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I used sharp cheddar for the best flavor payoff)
1/4 Cup Melted Butter (for garlic butter glaze)
1 Clove Garlic (for garlic butter glaze)



Preheat Oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit


In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add the milk and cheddar cheese; stir to combine. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.

Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. While biscuits are baking mix melted butter and minced garlic. Brush garlic butter over hot baked biscuits.

As you can see super easy! 

I like to get all my ingredients out before I start, I'm extremely scatter brained and if I am not prepared and have to go digging for things I can tend to forget a step and what not. Regardless as you can see I make a mess. 

Mix the dry ingredients and add the butter!

About this point in the process Jason came home and brought me a Shamrock shake! God love him! I use to love these things when I was a kid and then all the sudden they stopped making them in Canada. The first time I saw them here I nearly died and HAD to have one. I was sooo excited when Jason came in with one for me this afternoon!

Ingredients combined gives you quite a wet dough! I used my Pampered Chef medium scoop that you can see HERE, I highly recommend pretty much everything Pampered Chef but this is one of my favorite things, I use it all the time!

Finished product! This wasn't a bad recipe at all. If I was making them for me I would probably add in green onions! You could really go nuts and experiment with these, adding ham, sausage, etc. I think sausage and a little sage would be really great! These babies are so versatile! 

Jason ate one with the garlic butter, I made the garlic butter glaze for the top but did not put it on all of them because I didn't want them to get soggy. It is in the fridge to be used if Jason or I choose but Jason ate his second one with strawberry jam and was quite happy with that! 

I would definitely recommend this recipe if you are looking for something quick and tasty, like I said add what you want to make it yours! They are very light and fluffy which I like and have a very fresh taste! Overall I am happy with the recipe and would definitely use it again! 

I hope you all have a fantastic Saturday!! 





 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

2 comments:

  1. Ok, Christina took this recipe. I love a good warm cheddar biscuit with fresh coffee . Thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you both enjoy Steve! I liked this recipe! If it was me I may have added sun dried tomatoes or something but Jason liked just cheddar! He's been making little sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete