Sunday, March 2, 2014

Barefoot with Beers!

Go ahead be pissed.. after our trip North I have got to brag about our one nice day before the snow hits tomorrow! I just want y'all to know I got a sun burn today!

BUT..... before I get into to that I will tell you that we FINALLY got a desk chair that we agreed on and both love! We did a bunch of running around yesterday and found something we are really happy with. I was unhappy with how the decorating of that space was going so Jason has agreed to let me do the decorating thing while he sticks to measuring and guy stuff. These aren't the best pictures but it too me awhile to remember I hadn't actually taken pictures of the desk and chair so this is what I have for now.




I'm going to run over to World Market this week and get a nice little pillow to dress up the chair. Its suppose to be crappy weather this week so we are also going to hit the furniture shops and look for a corner book shelf. We really considered covering the one whole wall with bookshelves, which my inner book worm/hoarder LOVED but once getting the desk in there we realized it would just be WAY too cluttered in there which we both hate so now we are looking for a corner bookshelf! We will also need to look for another rug, but one thing at a time! 

So back to today... hello BEAUTIFUL DAY! We knew today was going to be gorgeous and I couldn't have been more excited for that. After visiting the great white North and being miserable in the cold I couldn't wait for a taste of summer. Before I even showered this morning I opened the door and could smell summer in the air which naturally made me smile ear to ear. I showered and headed outside to meet Jason for some tree planting!! I honestly just got out the door and felt hot! I had to come in and change it was so much nicer then I could have hoped for out there! Poor Jason was just sweating! 

Planting trees here didn't go as easy as I had expected, sadly our yard is so full of rock that digging a simple hole for a tree looks like this...

Literally a bucket like this full of rocks for every hole dug! The trees we planted are shallow rooted so the holes weren't all that deep, but the rocks are crazy. 

Ignore my shadow. 


Jason showing me how big the trees should be next year. Look how itty bitty that thing is, it is the exact same kind as the trees beside it. Actually while we were out there the gentlemen who owns the house Jason is in front of in the picture above came out and introduced himself and said that if it was alright with us he would like to have a landscaper come out and plant trees all along his back yard in unison with the trees we were planting and wondered how we would feel about that.. ABSOLUTELY! We aren't unfriendly people but I can understand them wanting privacy and it would save us putting up a fence! Good deal I say! 

You can barely see those itty bitty things at the end, but once they start growing they will complete the privacy to the fence. 


Look at this freakin' rock that was in the ground, I couldn't believe what a feat it was to get a hole dug got a tree! Nuts!


A bucket of rocks!

I was supervisor! I held trees straight while the holes were filled in, I held Jason's beer and naturally my own. I mean really...

After tree planting was over we really just made the most of the beautiful day! We sat outside and drank beer while grilling pork chops, I'm sorry Northerners but it was a PERFECT summer day! 


If it makes any of you feel better tomorrow its suppose to be 19 degrees or something ludicrous like that and we are suppose to get sleet and crap, I'm furious about this. I swear Mother Nature is toying with us! EVERY.SINGLE.TIME the day before it snows we get flip flop weather and then BAM nasty winter crap! I'm over that! 

In the morning Jason is planning on getting up and going and changing the plates on the truck as they are still Maine. Honestly I couldn't be more excited, I'm not even sure why! We both got out North Carolina drivers license and I am so happy about that. I guess I feel like this is actually home and why shouldn't everything reflect that? It's been such a long time since I felt like we had a home, and although I know leaving here to go to the next job is going to be really hard, knowing we have a place to come home to makes it all the better. 

Oh North Carolina.... how I love thee and your FABULOUS weather in March! I'm not kidding you I am about 95% positive I got a sunburn today! I mean I needed it.. I face timed with Tanya yesterday and her tan makes me look ghostly.. I was embarrassed! 

Stayed tunes for more things from our trip home and whats going on around this part of the South! I'm off to have a tea and curl up as the sun has gone down and Jason keeps the house temperature set to "Meat locker". No fear it will be as cold here tomorrow as it is everywhere else! 

If you are looking for a good recipe for tomorrows cold weather check out this fabulous recipe Cathy so graciously sent me... I cannot wait to try it! 

Oven Roasted Cauliflower...oooooh totally yum yum!!

Ingredients:

1 medium head cauliflower (about 2-1/4 pounds), trimmed and cut into florets

3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Combine cauliflower and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Transfer, in a single layer, to a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast at 450 degrees F for about 25 minutes,
stirring once. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately Yield: 6 servings.



 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment