Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Light... BUST!

Good Evening all,

I was hoping to get here today with news about all of our Christmas adventures this weekend but things didn't exactly turn out like I had planned!

First of all it was QUITE warm here yesterday, we got up to head to our traditional holiday breakfast at IHOP and before heading out the door we had to change! I wasn't expecting that kind of weather first thing in the morning and after enjoying amazing eggnog pancakes and doing out grocery shopping for the week we came home and got into shorts and washed the truck!! Honestly I am not taking this weather for granted at all, especially considering the ice storm they have been experiencing at home! After another gorgeous day we were also lucky enough to have another gorgeous sunset!






Last night we planned to go to Lights on the Neuse, we had an early dinner and got changed anticipating cooler weather. When we got in the truck is definitely wasn't any cooler outside, we stopped at Target to get chocolate chunks for baking and Starbucks for our outing! We drove clear to Clayton (really not THAT far) and let me tell you I was not at all expecting to see what I did. The line up to get tickets to get into this place was 3 miles long! No word of a lie I would say thousands of people!! There was no where to park, it was absolutely NUTS! I guess I never gave much thought to the fact that it really is the only Christmas thing that has been advertised so of course everyone would go! We just didn't think it was worth waiting in line for lord knows how long and then once we got in there with that many people I couldn't imagine that the lines for hot chocolate, hay rides, etc would be any shorter! We decided to extend out Christmas light drive and skip the light (line) spectacular.

We got to see some beautiful home decorated, I love that people take the time and effort to decorate their home for the holidays. Every year when I was a kid we would walk around and look at all of the lights and Jason and I always take a drive before Christmas to see as many as we can!

We got home last night and watched The Santa Claus 2 which is a fabulous Christmas movie, but sadly when we went upstairs it was miserable hot! Jason thought it would be a good idea to open the window in the bedroom and close the door, well when I went up there and opened the door it was like a sauna in there.. needless to say no one got a lot of sleep around here last night!

I was up earlier this morning then usual, I really wanted to just relax and do whatever as we are expecting company for the next while, that didn't exactly happen but I wont complain too much as I made my way to the garage early to enjoy the summer weather before football started. I didn't make it far into football before I needed to lay down for awhile.. I am generally not a napper, I feel like its a waste of a day but I really felt like crap today from no sleep last night.

Really the rest of the afternoon has been a bust, nothing exciting to report.

Tomorrow the Seavey's will be here in the early afternoon and Jason and Evan are heading to a hockey game tomorrow night. I highly doubt I will be around tomorrow as I am not anticipating having much to talk about and I really want to enjoy the holidays with everyone. I don't know when I will be back, most likely Christmas Day with at least holiday well wishes! With all the company we are going to have over the holidays I don't think there will be much going on around here until they are over!!

Although I will be back on Christmas I am wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year! Stay safe and warm and I hope Santa is good to all of you! I will leave you with this little gem I believe Steve sent me the other day, I think its hilarious!! Enjoy!!




 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment