Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I had the best of intentions to have a post ready for yesterday and our company came on Wednesday and well, plain and simple I got drunk and way FAR TOO HUNG OVER yesterday to do really anything. Honestly that rarely if ever happens to me, I know my limits and I know when to stop to prevent a hang over. Truly I did not drink that much, but I stupidly mixed red and white wine which I have never done before and I swear it was toxic. I have never felt worse in my life and seriously did not think I was going to make it through the day. I was so extremely dehydrated my lips were chap it was disgusting, I drank water in mass quantities, tried to eat greasy food and couldn't even stomach coffee... a shining moment of mine if I do say so myself.

Anyways I pulled it together to make dinner which was the important thing, and let me tell you everything went off without a hitch! This was our first holiday in the house (ya ya I am being sentimental, it happens.. humor me) and we were so fortunate to spend it with WONDERFUL friends! We spent the day cooking and preparing and I could not have been happier with the results! Check it out for yourself...


The Big Easy cooker was impressive, check out this bird! The guys did an awesome job!




Sorry that picture is kind of blurry, the kitchen was pretty crowded. We had home made sausage stuffing, green bean casserole, brussel sprouts with onions, bacon and dried cranberries, mashed potatoes, gravy, squash and rolls! Too good!


Before dinner it was really important that we all say what we are thankful for and as always this year we all have a lot to be thankful for. It was nice to all be together under the best of circumstances and really embrace all the good we have! 

Our weekend was fantastic, we are so thankful for friends who are like family, our families, our new home and each other! Life is too short not to embrace all that you have, sometimes we forget to be thankful so its really nice to have a day to remind us! 

Here are a few pictures from our holiday!

Jason and Lady Amelia after their dance party

It started to snow and Jason and Evan jumped up and ran outside, silly northerners! 

My love getting his baby fix!

Amelia - "You lookin' at me?"

Lovin' life and milk!


Millie G and her boys! 

It got flippin' COLD this weekend in the south, this was some of the ice found on the truck Thursday morning!

Amelia's first Thanksgiving!

It was a hit, she put it too her!




This kid.. I swear! 

I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving with your loved ones, a wonderful dinner and no hang over! I am never drinking again! 

It is SUPER COLD out still and the house is a little chilly, Jason and I are curled up on the couch but I foresee us heading to bed early tonight! I am excited that as Thanksgiving is now officially over we will definitely be decorating for Christmas tomorrow... crazy maybe but I bet half of you have already started! 

Have a wonderful Friday night and if you don't make it back until Monday have a fabulous weekend!

XO






 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

3 comments:

  1. Boy oh boy,my our dinner looks great. I can almost taste it ! Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have officially fallen in love with Lady Amelia! She is always smiling! And (AHEM) Jason looks like pretty good daddy material :) Glad you had a great Thanksgiving in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner was FANTASTIC! Everything really turned out AMAZING and I personally learned how to make a few new amazing dishes which I am very excited about! I had never had the American tradition that is green bean casserole and this one was made from scratch and INCREDIBLE!

    Ameila is amazing, that child is the child that makes you want to have children because she is so good! She absolutely NEVER cries and always has a smile on that gorgeous face of her! Jason would indeed make a wonderful Dad and he has a special spot for Ameila, they dance and play and nap together, it warms my heart to see it! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving here.. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete