Tuesday, July 30, 2013

On the Flip Side...

I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself, I constantly have a list of things in my head that I need to improve on...

- Be a better blogger, get more followers, write better posts...
- Be a better friend, send more cards, emails, letters...
- Be a better wife, don't let the little things matter so much, pick you battles, be more appreciative...
- Be better at the gym, work harder, run faster, lift more...
- Read more, you're slipping in your old age and need to exercise your brain more than you are...
- Try new dinner ideas, you're always making the same things (regardless of whether they are good or not)...

Truth is I am doing all those things, one day at a time.. sometimes it doesn't feel fast enough and I don't always see the progress I hope to as quick as I hope to see it, but I'm trying, I'm making an effort and that's all you can ask of yourself!

So although having goals to work towards, things to improve on.. you could also look at it like this.

- Today I wrote a post on my blog that I was happy with, that I felt good about and I hope my readers feel the same.
- I have no unanswered emails in my inbox, I have a closet full of stationary I put to good use.
- I tell Jason I love him everyday, I make sure he has breakfast, lunch and dinner and I kiss him before I go to sleep.
- I have had to face some obstacles at the gym but I still go 4-5 times a week and regardless that is still effort.
- I may not read books as much as I would like to but I read others inspirational stories, hilarious anecdotes, and worldly tales everyday on Bloglovin'.
- Tonight I made something for dinner I've never made before, I try really hard to always make healthy, balanced meals rather than quick and easy and they are always enjoyed.

You see either way I'm getting to the same place, "I may not be there yet, but I'm closer tan I was yesterday."



 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment