Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hair Product LOVE!

Hey all!

As I've mentioned before I have a TON of curly hair, I tend to straighten it all the time (which Jason hates) but when I don't I look like raggedy Anne! I just hate the way it looks like I roll out of bed and did nothing, which usually is not the case its just so unmanageable (like a good majority of my personality) that nothing I do seems to work, especially at this length.

As much as I love trying new makeup products truthfully hair products are my weakness! You can buy every different kind of make up out there and although you may prefer one thing over another, generally even if its not your favorite its still usable! Hair products don't always fall into that category! They can dry your hair out, make it greasy, not fulfill its purpose at all... hair products are a crap shoot at best!

I know it depends on what kind of hair you have, I buy a product and use it on my thick curly hair and it doesn't work, you have thin straight hair, use the same product and cant say enough good things about it. But there is no way to know until you try!

I try a lot of hair products, unfortunately TRY is the extent of how much of them I use! I feel bad because lets be honest hair products aren't cheap, but I wont use something that makes my hair greasy or dries it out, and why would you use something that doesn't work at all? So the last time we were in the States I had a list of new hair products I wanted to try and unfortunately with limited time I was only able to find one at Target! This particular product wasn't actually even on my list but in my despair of not being able to find what I really wanted I decided that I was getting something regardless so why not try this.

I was looking for something for curly hair, because as I previously mentioned the water is so terrible out here it is drying out my hair so bad. I assume straightening it everyday isn't helping that! At this point my hair is so long that its really heavy and my natural curls don't really hold, so I was looking for something that would define the curl and if  admitting just how much I was hoping to get out of one product (because that's likely) I was thinking/hoping it might actually hold the curls up as well.

So this is what I bought... Shea Moisture - Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist


It definitely smells amazing, and I will admit that unfortunately I can sometimes be persuaded to buy things strictly based on their smell (terrible habit). It really doesn't do much for my hair but make it a little shiny and smell good. No hold, no curl. However I feel really great about the story that is on the bottle..

Our Story
Sofi Tucker started selling Shea Nuts at the village market in Bonthe, Sierra Leone in 1912. By age 19, the widowed mother of four was selling Shea Butter, African black soap and her homemade hair and skin preparations all over the countryside. Sofi Tucker was our grandmother and Shea Moisture is her legacy. With this purchase you help empower disadvantaged women to realize a brighter, healthier future. 

How can you not fell good about that? I know I do, so regardless of the fact that this product didn't do the things that I was hoping it would do, my hair smells great and my purchase did good all around!


I would love to hear about the products that you are trying, things that you might recommend if you have hair like mine or just in general!


 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

2 comments:

  1. i have never heard of this stuff but it sounds like it's worth a try! also, did you know you have word verification on? here's how to turn it off: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2012/12/how-i-know-im-not-robot.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely recommend trying it, it was on the cheaper end of hair products and overall the smell is really great!
    I'm sorry about the word verification! I didn't realize it was on, I hate that! Consider it gone!! :)

    ReplyDelete