Friday, August 3, 2012

Saved by the Grace of Southern Charm

Good Morning all,

Thought I would send out a quick message tell you all how AWESOME the Miranda Lambert concert was last night!! As the day went on yesterday I was super excited to go! Jason ended up being later than expected so we were kind of rushed! We parked across the street, which was Jason's idea and quite wise because the line of cars to get into the arena parking was unbelievable.. C street was backed up forever!! We got in line and then someone came out and said if you had floor seats to follow her.. SCORE.. I love skipping the line!

I'm not going to lie, I'm super disappointed that Chris Young and Jerrod Niemann did NOT open for Miranda like mom said they were going! It was some local guy.. SUCKS! His name is Ken Peltier and he plays at a lot of local dive bars.. not to say he isn't good but still. I guess the just of not bringing out more big acts is that the venue here is so small and its not worth the money.. makes me sad but I get it. If you feel like it, check out.. Ken Peltier!

http://www.kenpeltier.com/

So Miranda lit up the stage, she was AWESOME!! Jason really wasn't thrilled about this concert but he was a really good sport about going and I don't think he hated it by any means! Miranda Lambert isn't Kelly Pickler... as she said "I like to hunt, fish, I eat chicken fried stead and I like a cold beer. I'm a proud size 8 and its never seem to hurt me. I don't give a crap about much bigger than a beer bottle" haha. Not only was her concert great but she is super down to earth and speaks her mind!

So overall awesome night! Unfortunately yesterday morning when I got up and it was soooooo terribly cold and miserable outside I turned on the heat in the apartment! Well I was rushing to get out the door in the morning because I decided to drive, and then when I got home from work I was rushing to get ready and make a quick dinner and Jason was late.. forgot to turn off the heat! Lets just say it was warm in the apartment last night! Not to say that I ever seem to sleep good anymore but whatever! So I got up when Jason went to work this morning and cleaned the apartment, did laundry and worked out.. haha I feel quite good!

I wish I didn't have to go to work today, I hate that I have to do absolutely EVERYTHING there! I'm going to try not to complain though because the sun is actually out today and that never happens so I figure I should look on the bright side!

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! I think Jason might have Sunday off and therefore if its nice we plan to go up to Hatchers Pass! We'll see how it goes!

Here are a few pictures from last nights show!!










PS - $50.00 to anyone who can find me a shirt that says "saved by the grace of southern charm"


No comments:

Post a Comment