Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Canada - 2... US - Still Fucking Expensive!!!!

Well I was going to write this lovely blog about what a great morning I had thanks to Barb's wonderful parcel but I have to put that off for a minute to tell you that I am in shock YET AGAIN! So we go to the pharmacy tonight to pick up my prescription and for 3 months of birth control pills it was $186.00 WHAT THE FUCK! Then after picking my jaw up off the floor because I pay $20.00 a month for it at home, I then realize its the GENERIC BRAND!!! I pay $20.00 a month for the good flashy shit at home! Honestly no wonder there is so many illegitamit kids in the States no one can fucking afford birth control! I have to call the insurance tomorrow because Jason is freaking out. I assured him that this obviously isn't something I take for shits and giggles.. and I honestly think if it was anything else I would have to suffer.. this is highway robbery!!!!

Anyways I woke up this morning to a WONDERFUL surprise!!! I guess the mailman (another thing the US doesn't have going for them, the postal system) took our parcel to someone else.. YET AGAIN! Luckily Jason saw it this morning on his way out to work and brought it upstairs! So when I got up this morning here was this amazing parcel sitting beside the couch! YAY!

This parcel was pretty impressive, it had a theme! SUNSHINE! Barb knew that I was having such a hard time with the shit weather we so often get here and so she sent me a box full of sunshine.. everything was yellow!!! I get pretty excited about parcels, but this one exceeded my expectations! Ive never ever had a parcel with a theme!!! Check it out!!!









This parcel was full of amazing little treats but I will have to admit that my favorite part was definitely the balloons with little messages in them.. brought a huge smile to my face! That and the fact that everything was wrapped in bows!! Haha I had to laugh too that a few of the balloons were popped, I could only imagine them going through customs and popping! haha!!

Thank you Barb so much for thinking of me, this parcel absolutely brought the biggest smile to my face on a super crappy day.. I have all the sunshine I could need with you in my life! I miss you more than you will ever know and I appreciate that near or far you are always thinking about me! I love you tons.

Today ended up being a pretty long day, crappy weather, work was slow and Jason ended up working until 7pm tonight so I actually had to make dinner, haha its been awhile for that! I didn't disappoint, meatloaf muffins, mashed potatoes and green beans waiting on the table when my hubby came through the door! Good thing too because Jason almost had a heart attack when the guy said $186.00 for my prescription.. I still cant believe that.

We haven't really been up to much, Friday night we went up to Flattop to hike around, I refused to hike any further after we hit snow though.. FUCK THAT! I'm not leaving the rare warm weather to put on hiking boots and a sweater and hike around in the snow.. not happening! Its beautiful up there but look at this!



Im sure you saw all the other pictures of Jason playing in the snow from the album I sent through Snapfish!

Saturday Jason and I both worked, Jason went out after work with the guys WAY FAR away to do some shooting. All the guys have bought new guns on this job so they all headed way out past the Matinuska Glacier and found a big pit and went shooting for hours! I got off work early and came home and cleaned, did laundry and just enjoyed a quiet night! Jason didn't get home until after midnight and I was already in bed, then when I woke up the next morning he was gone! He had to work on Sunday too! Jason went in for a couple of hours so when he got home I was ready to head out! We went downtown to the midtown market, they have different things every weekends and then we went for lunch at the F Station. Jason had super fresh halibut and chips and really enjoyed it!

After lunch we went grocery shopping and came home, Jason had a nap and then cleaned his gun from Satruday night events. We really had a quiet night which was great, it doesnt happen often, but it was miserable weather than too so why not!

Tomorrow is my day off which is great, Im so excited!! No one is here to do anything with, its going to be crappy weather so I cant wait to have a quiet day!! Poor Jason will be working late again, we are finally at a critical point in the project and Jason is going to work real hours again.. YAY!

So thats our scoop, nothing too exciting! Jason is going to bed early so I think Im going to have a hot bath and watch Teen Mom!

I hope everyone had a great Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment