Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Canada - 1 ... United State - Fucking Expensive!

Well hello all,

I really have nothing to report but I had to blog and tell all you Canadians about my doctors visit today! I finally broke and made a doctors appointment today because I needed a physical and had some questions, I found a really amazing doctor who I really like a lot and Jason took me this morning.. well wasn't I totally flippin' shocked when I went to check out and the bill was $472.00... PARDON ME! Naturally we have really good insurance so we didn't have to pay anything but man was I shocked! I always think god forbid something serious ever happened the money it would cost for people who don't have good insurance, unbelievable!

Nothing much has gone on this week at all. Sunday after I blogged Jason and I headed out and had a TERRIBLE breakfast at the oldest place in Anchorage and it was crap! Honestly we couldn't even eat all of it, it was so gross! Then we headed to Kincaid Park for a walk.. it was such a beautiful day but the trail wasn't all that great... not to mention there were ton of bikers! We saw one girl take face plant into a tree and get her bike wrapped around her, poor thing she was just a young girl too! After that we headed downtown to walk around the outdoor market which was GREAT! We checked out ship creek but the salmon are late this year because of the crazy winter we had and high waters!

We came home and invited Jason Goodwin over for a BBQ and that was great.. it was so nice that it was such an amazing day! I even got a sunburn! Monday was nothing special, we went grocery shopping and all that good stuff!

Today was my day off, so doctors this morning and then a lovely skype date with Ms. Caite which is always great! Then Jennie and I went for a walk and came back to the apartment and had tea until it was almost dinner time! We had tacos for dinner and then were going to go have a beer with Rob for his birthday but that didn't work out.. so I went to get my hair cut instead. Well Jason dropped me off and when I went in they were closing early and Jason had left to go to the gym with no cell phone so I was stuck at the mall until he came back.. so I shopped! haha. I didn't buy much.. actually I only bought at one store.. that mall sucks!

So Jason and I came home and it was so great outside that we sat on the balcony at the new table we bought last night and played cribbage, it was great!! I'm absolutely loving this amazing weather.. I'm actually not wearing a sweater everyday!! Its great, I'm so happy with it!

Anyways I had a lot more to say than I though, I'm heading to bed.. back to work tomorrow!! I hope everyone is having a great week!!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, what was it that Jason said .......you better not need a hip replacement !!! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me that says $472.00. it's hard to read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Yes its four hundred and seventy two dollars, and if insurance didnt cover it you know I would have been screwed Fiona! haha.. Ive just never had to pay for health care and I cant honestly believe it! I think its highway robbery that you have to pay to park at the hospital let alone pay for care.. the Americans are so backwards!

    ReplyDelete