Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Trout..? Prime Location!

Good Morning all!

So first and foremost I am making a promise to respond to all my outstanding emails today, I'm really sorry to those of you who are on the list of unanswered emails but the office has actually been busy and as usual there is just never any time at night so today is the day that I make the time for it!

Not a whole lot has been going on, work as usual! Last night Jason and I went on a walk.. he is starting to feel better but my kidney stone pain has inevitably turned into a kidney infection that I seem to be maintaining with gallons of water and some "rest" or best I can. I'm confident its going to go away! Anyways last night we set out to walk the creek because Jason heard rumors that people were illegally fishing in the creek and of course he needed to check it out! We did not find any illegal anglers but we found TONS of really great fishing spots and while Jason was scoping that out I was teaching myself to whistle, unsuccessfully!

Today I plan to answer emails as previously mentioned AND I plan to call Lululemon and rip them a new one for not refunding my money yet for their fuck up of a lifetime with my online order so I can place yet another order! Although the longer I have to wait the more discouraged I feel. I plan to invest in a new North Face jacket this week as well, because its still winter weather here.. and no I'm not kidding. All you assholes can stop going on about how HOT it is at home and how you all have SUNBURNS! The extent of the heat that I get is from warm sweaters and blankets!

This weekend is a 3 day weekend for me! This will be the first time I have had two days off in a row since I started this job! We were hoping to get down to Fairbanks and hit Denali National Park but I don't know what is going to happen. We had started planning but than Jason might have to work Memorial Day now.. go figure! He said he will know by tomorrow so we'll see! It would be so great to take a trip somewhere.. we never stay in a place very long and being here and having a "real life" is getting old, I need some adventure!

Anyways I have to get ready for work, it better not rain until I get there or I'm not going to be impressed! I will leave you with some pictures of our adventure last night, hope you enjoy!!

 This is Jason over the weekend while he was still sick! Poor thing laid on the couch most of the afternoon drinking hot water and honey!
 The water is going down in the river but its really flowing! The river is so long and winding it surprises me how fast the water is always moving.

 This thing is cool, if you can see it looks like a fishing rod, there is a hook at the top and the chairs are shaped like fish! So it looks like the fishing rod catching fish when it is really a street light! Haha only in Alaska!


 Jason checking out prime Trout spots! He needs to scope out his potential fishing spots! Haha he was going to work today to ask Josh did he want to go fishing tonight!

 Jason and I at the Campbell Creek, May 21, 2012.
 I just LOVE that face!
 Taku Lake!
 Check out the beaver dam we found! Its right on the side of the lake! I don't think I have ever seen one this close up until now.
 This little buggers are crafty, and destructive.. there are trees down everywhere around here!

Alright I'm off to get ready for work! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! More blogs to come I promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment